Saturday, September 24, 2011

Shooting Range

This afternoon Walker & I went over to the shooting range and let him practice shooting the Ruger .22. We set the target up at about 30 yards, along with a milk jug full of water. The gun is a little big for him, so I was pretty proud when he was nailing the bullseye almost every time. He got really excited when he nailed the milk jug and it jumped off the ground about 3 inches as water exploded out the side. He's going to be a great shot...

The main reason he wanted to go today was to see if he could shoot my 7mm-.08 so he could try to take a deer this year. I was pretty sure that was not going to happen so I 'asked' him to watch me shoot it first. When he saw the 'kick' he said, "yeah maybe I should just wait." I asked him would he rather get his own smaller .22 and he said no, he wanted something he could deer hunt with. I'm hoping we can find him something for Christmas that he might could hunt with.

No comments:

Post a Comment