Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hunt 2 - No luck...

I was pretty excited about hunting this morning, especially since the buck in the area had been seen and I was hoping I would see him. I got up early, two cups of coffee, and I was sitting in the tree ready at 6:45 a.m. enjoying the 60 degree weather. The sky was clear with the stars shining and the ground was still really wet. It was pretty quiet walking in so I was sure if there was a deer anywhere close it didn't hear me.

The peak feeding times for today started at 10 a.m., so I had planned to stay in the tree until at least 11. Unfortunately the only thing I saw was a few squirrels and a few birds. I usually have a tough time staying in the tree on days like this, but I kept thinking about how last Saturday I had saw four doe, and the buck had been seen the day before. Well I made it to 11:45 a.m. before I decided to call it a day. Maybe I'll get to go again one day this week, but definitely next Saturday. Hopefully it will be a few degrees cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment